The Words of the Jenkins Family after 2008
1. I want to thank Sonic Cult and Joe for their great work to develop our music and praise – and also for Kennedy and Alexis are professional singers who are bringing such a great spirit. Give them a hand.
2. I also want to thank God and our True Parents and especially our national president and senior pastor Rev. In Jin Nim for allowing me to be with you here this morning. And I want to say hello to all the brothers and sisters in all 50 states and around the world – praise the Lord! I want to say a special hello to the American Clergy Leadership Conference – leaders and volunteers throughout the nation, thank you for your support and your work!
3. I want to say a word of thanks to In Jin Nim from my heart, and to her family for leading us at this time. Jin Sung Nim is devoting himself 24 hours a day, serving and teaching our brothers and sisters, old and young alike, about True Parents and True Children. I've learned so much from him and I pray that we can really support In Jin Nim and her family and realize that they have given everything to come to the front line with us.
4. I also want to thank Preston. Preston is so kind when I relate with him. He has helped me to come close. Also, Rexton took leadership in CARP. It's amazing. Let's give him a hand. Also, Ariana teaches us ballroom dancing and the principles of creation. My wife and I love ballroom dancing. We are still learning, but it's really a joy and its bringing joy to all of our generations.
5. And, Ariana has taken a central role in our media and public communications that has really changed our relationship with the media. We are now having very good and better and better communications with the media. Recently the TLC program was going to air a beautiful documentary on our Blessing, but they had the title "Getting Married to the Moonies." Thanks to Ariana's efforts to strengthen the media and outreach and communications, Doug Burton and others communicated with TLC – at first they got back and said, "We are going to just keep that title. That's what we want to do, and it sells. It's a juicy title." But then we got the clergy together – and when we go together they started to realize that Unificationists are not alone, they have incredible allies throughout every community and every faith tradition. So, when they heard beautiful letters come from Dr. Raus and others – saying you can't discriminate against these people of faith. Do not denigrate them. They have to be called properly as Unificationists. Don't belittle them. And he's the chairman of Operation Push for New York, he is a great United Methodist pastor. That got their interests. But then when we told them we have 15 pastors who are ready to come to the Discovery TLC headquarters in Silver Springs Maryland, that really got their attention. They felt the love of God! And without our even going to their office (this never happened before) they changed the title. Rev. Moon Mass Marriage. It's a great documentary. Thank you Ariana and thank you Jin Sung Nim and all the True Children and True Family.
6. I'd like to give a testimony. In Jin Nim likes us to give a little testimony about our background. When I joined the church I was in dental school. I was going to be a dentist. I was going to save teeth. But I prayed one night that I wouldn't miss the Second Coming. The next morning I met a young lady, German, who is a member of the church – very odd looking. She was pretty, but she had buttons all over with Father's picture. She stopped me as I was going to the bank at Ohio State University. She said, "Do you believe in God?" And I said, "yes, yes, but I am only interested in the Second Coming." And she said, "He's here. He's here now." And so, that got my attention. She took me aside and I heard some lectures. There were about 50 chairs and I was the only guest. They said it's always full, but just not today. Anyway, the lecturer came out, Rev. Ken Sudo, gave me my first lectures. It was a beautiful experience. I joined right after that.
7. My family had a hard time with it. You know, they wanted me to be a dentist. I was happy with life. God called me in a different direction. I came home to my family to explain what I was doing. And they brought a Christian minister over and we went through the Bible for about four hours. This minister, named Rev. George Tashup, got up and said to my father, "Bill, you've got to let him go. He's been called by Jesus." My father gave a blessing and I went and joined the church. That was a great step in my life. I'm so grateful to God and True Parents.
8. I always found that if you ask God, God will respond. If you seek God sincerely, God will respond. I was in the workshop in Barrytown in 1974, actually 75. Father was opening the seminary, UTS, Unification Theological Seminary and everyone who was a college graduate was asked to apply. So I applied. And then I saw the list of those who got accepted – my name wasn't on the list. That was okay. I didn't know what it meant, but when I looked at the list I saw these very serious men and women of God. And I was curious why my name was not on the list. So I went to the Dean and I asked what happened? He said that, "well Father didn't even see your application, because you said it is the will of God you'll go to the seminary. We needed someone who really wanted to go -- not just because of whatever." So then I decided, "If Father didn't even see my application how can God's will be done?" So I wrote Father a long letter. I said I need to go. I didn't know why. And then I said "I'm going to fast until I hear the word from you Father." The first day I felt so inspired – you know, I'm doing God's will. The second day I felt so hungry and so I kept checking at the office every couple of hours, "did you hear anything yet?" I'm not such a great hero, so on the third day I got too hungry and I ate. I felt a little bad afterwards, because right after I ate the word came that I should go to the class. And so, I always felt this personal feeling with Father, this personal relationship with Father was special from that time on.
9. When I came to the Blessing, Father encouraged us to have international marriages. So, I volunteered to be blessed internationally. I asked for a wife from Japan and Father called on all of us. Many of you were there, that was the 1979 matching. And I met my wife Reiko. It was great. We met and we both had pretty much decided from that moment. The first thing she said to me, she looked at my card and said, "you're a Scorpio. So am I!" I thought, wow that's an interesting first conversation – our holy Blessing. Scorpios are known to be a little strong, strong minded. And when you put two together they sting each other a lot. But it works out in the end.
10. I am really grateful to my family, my children, they've been very sincere about following God and True Parents. True Children, I am very grateful to them. Also our daughter-in-law, Arian – Mike and Arian had a son. His name is Liam. There's nothing like having a family. Family is just great. As In Jin Nim is raising the young people of our movement, raising me and everybody else – family is really where the greatest joy of God is.
11. So, one morning recently we had our grandchild over, for overnight. And, grandchildren really work in mysterious ways. It was 5 AM and there was no indication whatsoever that we were getting up for Hoon Dok Hae. We weren't moving. I heard the alarm but the alarm just kept ringing. But then our grandchild jumped into bed and was jumping on us and he goes, "Come on guys let's go! Come on let's go!" And so we had to get up. That was a beautiful experience. I'm very grateful.
12. But the Blessing doesn't come easily, because Father asked us to go internationally and see if you can embrace your enemy. I didn't realize, I never thought of Japanese as my enemy, because the culture I grew up in, our generation, was long after World War II. And so, when I called my father the day of the matching I went out to the corner on 34th and Eighth Avenue. We didn't have cell phones then. We had payphones. From a pay phone I called my father and mother and told him I'm getting married. They said, "great! That's great son! What is her name?" "Reiko Sakata." And I heard this long pause. My father was in the PT boats in World War II in the Japan area and in the Philippines. He fought at that time. And he paused, and he suddenly goes, "Sakata? Sakata!? That's Japanese! That's the enemy son!" Later he told me he really believed it was a scheme. Because they were defeated in World War II – and he always thinks Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans are all the same – he said, "they are like the Chinese son. They plan for thousands of years what they're going to do. When they couldn't beat us in World War II they decided to send their daughters over and get our sons." That's what he believed.
13. But fortunately through the grandchildren, my and Reiko's sons and daughters, and also through Reiko herself – she never got upset. She never got angry at them. When I first brought her home it was a very unpleasant, very painful situation. They picked us up at the airport, this is years ago before we started our family. We were driving home and he's got her, my wife, in the back seat. I am in the front seat. He's giving her a tour of Dayton Ohio, "this is the National Cash Register, this is this …" and he starts yelling. She understood English, but she was so shy and scared – how to respond. He said, "Mike. She's not speaking!" And then he started getting Stronger and stronger. You know, sometimes Americans, when we go to Korea, we take ministers to Nam Dae Moon (market) and Korean merchants don't understand English. They just work with a little calculator and show you the price. But sometimes we take Americans there and there is a tendency to think, even if they don't understand English, if you yell in English they will understand better. So that's what was happening with my father, speaking louder and louder and louder. It was very painful.
14. But you know, God works through the blessed families in mysterious ways. Because, later we found out that when my father was an orphan, one of his most painful experiences was the fact that when his relatives visited him during the Depression they brought him a toy horn. And he would play the toy horn, plastic or maybe metal. But, as soon as the relatives left they took it. Because, no child could have any gifts because they would start fighting over it. That was one of his most painful memories. So one Christmas all of our children got together and bought him a little toy horn. And he cried that day. That horn is still sitting by his chair. That was very beautiful. Because that changed the atmosphere. Now my father tells others in my family, "you should get a Japanese wife." So God bless True Parents!
15. Today I would like to talk about the historic path we walk. True Father met Jesus in prayer on Easter Sunday. I would like to take a look at Father 's autobiography (it'll be on the screen) and I would like to read for you, an excerpt.
Early Easter morning, after I had spent the entire night in prayer, Jesus appeared before me. He appeared in an instant, like a gust of wind, and said to me, "God is in great sorrow because of the pain of humankind. You must take on a special mission on earth having to do with Heaven's work." That day, I saw clearly the sorrowful face of Jesus. I heard his voice clearly. Jesus spoke clearly about the work I would have to do. His words were extraordinary, having to do with saving humanity from its suffering and bringing joy to God.
My initial response was, "I can't do this. How can I do this? Why would you even give me a mission of such paramount importance?" I was truly afraid. I wanted somehow to avoid this mission, and I clung to the hem of his clothing and wept inconsolably.
My encounter with Jesus changed my life completely. His sorrowful expression was etched into my heart as if it had been branded there. I could not think of anything else. From that day on I immersed myself completely in the word of God.
On those days when my prayers and dedications connected to heaven Jesus appeared to me without fail and conveyed special messages. If I was earnest in my desire to know something Jesus would appear with a gentle expression and give me answers of truth. His words were always on the mark and they struck deep into my bosom like sharp arrows. These were not mere words. They were revelations about the creation of the universe that opened the door to a new world.
16. Isn't that beautiful? It comes from True Parents. Our heritage, our history comes from True Parents, comes from God. But we look at our history and we understand – Father had that encounter with Jesus. And in that encounter he inherited the mantle or the mission of Jesus. He got the anointing of Jesus. He got the anointing of God.
17. Also, what's beautiful there, Father says, "When my prayers and dedication connected to heaven." He didn't say every time I prayed Jesus appeared, every time I made effort I got an answer. No, it was like, "wow when my prayers and dedication connected to heaven then Jesus appeared." For 10 years Jesus appeared and guided Father. And the secret hidden meaning behind the Scriptures, the deeper meaning of the Scriptures, the parables and symbols... In John 16:12 Jesus said, "I have yet many things to share with you but you cannot bear them now. But when the Spirit of truth comes and guides you into all truth." Jesus promised that the time would come when all truth would be made clear. He said in John 16:25 "I have spoken to you in parables, but the time cometh when I will no longer speak to you in parables and symbols but I will show you plainly of the Father." When that revelation started to flow to Father Moon that was the time everything was being made clear. The truth was now being revealed and the parables and symbols of the Bible can now be understood. Amen!
18. And now the secrets of the Scriptures are being unfolded so we can really enter the time of the return of Christ, but also bring the whole world with us into the kingdom of heaven. Amen?!
19. Let's look at one of the teachings of Father based on the Scripture. I would like to call for Matthew 22:36-40 and we will read from the screen.
"Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all by heart, with all thy soul, with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
20. Father taught us so clearly, the first condition we always have to make is to love God. The foundation of faith. And the second condition we have to make is to love our neighbor, love our brothers and sisters. Those two conditions are more than just words and commandments. The essence of the principle is love. Love God and love all brothers and sisters, all races, and all religions.
21. So, loving God, that's quite an experience – to love God, to show God your love, to actually connect with God. Many times we search, like In Jin Nim says, the first generation had to find God. We had to find God. How do you find God? You ask God. If you ask God, God will respond. Just like I asked God, "God, don't let me miss the Second Coming!" And the next day a German sister appeared.
22. I've asked God many things and usually I don't get the answer that fast. But I've asked God different things. Brothers and sisters, especially our young people, if you ask God sincerely – just like Father kept praying to God, and when his prayers connected and dedication connected to heaven, then God will respond. And once God responds to you, wow, it's quite an experience when you know it's an answer to prayer. When I asked God, don't let me miss the Second Coming, and this young lady standing on the street is telling me he is already here, nobody knew I had prayed. Nobody knew I said any prayer. That's why I knew they weren't trying to fit in with my story or something.
23. But I prayed another prayer that night, before I met our beautiful church, the Unification Church. And that second prayer that I offered is the one that really got me in trouble. I said, "God, if you need me you can count on me." Oh, wow! Well, God works in mysterious ways. Because, after I met Rev. Sudo and heard the presentations I felt something very special, but I was going to dental school, I had exams that weekend, Friday and Monday biochemistry. I had all these things going on. I was happy! I wasn't looking to change everything, I was just looking to meet the Lord and be connected. But then suddenly they said you have to come to the workshop this week. I said I can't go to the workshop, I've got exams on Friday and Monday. It's impossible." And then Rev. Sudo out of nowhere slaps me on the knee and says, "God needs you. Can he count on you?" So watch what you pray for. But that touched me and that's why I could come forward.
24. The foundation of faith, love God – Jesus taught, love God and love your neighbor. The foundation of substance that Father teaches – love your neighbor, love brothers and sisters, love each other. That is not a restorational principle. That is not the principal of restoration, it's the Principle of Creation. That's where the foundation of faith – the first Adam and Eve were to love God and they were to take his word, his commandment, and believe and obey his commandment. And loving and obeying his commandment they were to perfect their love, they would perfect themselves and when the time came in which they were mature, then they would receive God's blessing and have a beautiful family and build the true family.
25. The foundation of substance was part of their obedience, of the commandment, "don't eat the fruit." Which meant don't share love prematurely. Foundation of substance, Adam and Eve first were to bring the foundation of substance between their mind and body. Mind, believe in God, God's commandment. But you've got to live it. Foundation of substance – you have to substantially live the truth. When the truth is lived it comes alive. Truth, just as truth has power, but when it's lived it really comes alive. That's why we find many historic teachers and preachers – when they are really living the truth they can plant that seed deeply. That's why In Jin Nim can plant the seed. If you're living that truth, then it has a different power when the truth is spoken.
26. That's why Father 's words will never perish, they will never go away. They are going to continue to rise. That's why, when Father proclaims that the Berlin wall is going to fall down and Communism is going to fall, when he says that word, nobody believes it. But then suddenly a couple years later it falls down, because he is living, he is the word. Amen!
27. So, Adam and Eve were to live that word. Foundation of substance – they were bringing mind and body together. But also, how else were they to make the foundation of substance? They were to be one together as the subject [object] partner pair and they were to bring all the creation into harmony. They were to love all the creation. All the creation was to come under their dominion, the mosquitoes and everything. The seas, the waters, the fish, everything.
28. Most importantly the Angels were to come under their dominion. The Angels were to come under their dominion of love. And that's where the problem came. Lucifer came up with his own self-centered idea. Lucifer wasn't given the commandment, was he? Adam and Eve where given the commandment. So Lucifer had his own selfish ideas. But he was immature. He was not a mature angel. The creation cannot become perfected without man. So think about that. That's why it says in Romans 8:19, "The creation groans in travail having been subjected to futility." Groaning and waiting for the revealing of the children of God. The liberation of the children of God.
29. Why? Because when God's true sons and daughters come alive, as they are now, and God starts to dwell with men again – then the creation will be liberated, creation will be used properly. We will use atomic power for love and to give energy and power to all of the world – and not use it to hurt others.
30. So foundation of faith and foundation of substance, these are the two principles. And what's interesting in the teaching of Jesus – on these two laws, love God and love man, hang all the laws and the prophets. Isn't that amazing! Everything in the Bible revolves around those two principles. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets, love God and love man. That's why you find every single story in the Bible has a story of someone making an offering of foundation of faith, loving God, and then a foundation of substance loving their brother or sister.
31. So, Abel and Cain – Abel made an offering. Abel and Cain didn't love each other. Abel didn't love Cain properly. And Cain left his proper role. God told Cain in the Bible, if you do well you'll be accepted – if you don't do well sin is crouching at your door. But, your holy assignment, Cain, is to rule over him. It says that in the Bible. You are to rule over him. Sin is crouching at the door, his desire is for you, but you must rule over him. Cain had a holy assignment. He wasn't bad. He had a holy assignment to checkmate the rumors and checkmate the bad news that Lucifer was trying to spread around. But instead, Cain didn't listen to God, did he? He didn't keep his role. But also what made it worse, right after that they had a conversation, in the Bible, and Abel and Cain talked. And the next thing, Cain killed Abel. Now I want to ask you a question, do you think they had a good talk? No, it wasn't a good talk.
32. Father's teaching is always, the commandment to love God and love man. Love! Love is the power. Love is the key. The whole essence of everything in the Bible and the successful story in the Bible is when Jacob loved Esau. It's the most beautiful story. Jacob gave everything he had for Esau. He bowed to the ground seven times for his brother. And then they reconciled and they wept. Right? He gave everything that he had gotten from 21 years of difficulty in Haran. And when he gave it all to Esau, his brother who wanted to kill him like Cain wanted to kill Abel, what happened? They wept.
33. And then Jacob was very humble. He didn't walk in boastfully saying, "I'm proud and I've got the blessing." He actually walked in before Esau and said, "Seeing your face is like seeing the face of God." That was the most beautiful moment. And then they reconciled and the brothers came together. Then there is no family story anymore in the Bible. Every family centers on Jacob's family, because the family restoration was completed when Jacob and Esau united.
34. But Jacob had 12 sons. Those became the 12 tribes of Israel. And Jesus came from the fourth son of Jacob, named Judah. And so Jesus came and we see that foundation of faith and substance all over again.
35. John the Baptist was supposed to make the foundation of faith and trust God. And then he also was to be in that position embracing the Israelites and bring them to unite with Jesus. In another way when we look at it, John was the older cousin of Jesus. Wasn't he? And Mary was the cousin of Elizabeth, John's mother. When they came together and Elizabeth said, "Wow! Behold Mary, you are the mother of my Lord. "And the baby John jumped in her womb." He was six months old.
36. And then Mary stayed with Zachariah and the seed came from heaven and Jesus was conceived. And we know how that seed came from heaven, right? God doesn't work only through the Spirit. There has to be a physical body to plant that seed. And so, when you put two and two together, you understand that Zachariah had a very special role in God's providence. But, also, Zachariah's family was to protect Jesus, because he had authority. He had authority in Israel to really keep the Pharisees on the right track. Zachariah was well respected. Then, when John the Baptist came up, he was really a powerful man of God. He could tell the Pharisees that they were a bunch of snakes, and not get crucified. Because, somehow John himself, when he heard Jesus' words, when he went with Jesus – God spoke, "this is the son of God, the son with whom I am well pleased." John knew who Jesus was. It was clear. He testified to Jesus.
37. The problem was he didn't stay with Jesus. He kept doing his own thing. He went back baptizing, got involved with Herod's house and ended up losing his head over it. Right? His head was cut off because he left Jesus. If you leave thinking you're going to go do God's work and not stay with the Messiah, you're going to end up not understanding the Messiah. Because the Messiah is not stationary. The Messiah is always moving forward, giving new word, new understanding, new advancements. And therefore, even though John knew who he was at that moment, because he left and didn't stay around – Hoon Dok Hae with Jesus, he lost his way. And he's absolutely sure he's doing God's will, but he ended up dying in a situation where his last word to Jesus, his last message – "are you the one who's to come or should we look for someone else?" It's sad, isn't it? The one who God prepared. If John stood up with Jesus, wow, all of Israel would have followed. But because John didn't stand up Jesus couldn't make the family.
38. There was one other chance for Jesus to make the family, to actually be able to restore. Jesus restored Adam. Restoration is re-creation, going back to the principle of creation. Adam and Eve were to love God and love creation and bring oneness, vertically and horizontally. Jesus completely fulfilled vertically his Adam's role. But now he had to be supported. The second chance for that was in Gethsemane. Remember the three disciples that were praying, Jesus asked them, "stay awake and pray with me." But they wouldn't stay awake. He said, "God let this cup pass." That cup that was to pass was the cross, it was death on the cross. Why would Jesus pray, let this cup pass? Because, Jesus was not supposed to take the cup of the cross. He was not supposed to die. He was supposed to create a true family, to marry, and to really create the heavenly kingdom through the blessed central family. Amen!
39. But unfortunately, John had gone his own way. And also, those three disciples slept in Gethsemane. He came back after he prayed, "God let this cup pass from me." And he comes back and they are asleep. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. And he says, "Stay awake!" He doesn't ask them to please help me out. He gives them a command, "stay awake!" And he goes and prays again, "Father if it's your will that I go this way, thy will be done. Not my will but thy will." And he comes back and he finds them asleep again. And the third time he finds them asleep again. And then he proclaims, "behold the son of man is now, at this moment, betrayed into the hands of sinners."
40. Why? Because of those three disciples. If you read Father 's words you get even more insight into the principle. Because Father 's words actually expand on the deeper meaning of the principle and the Bible. Then, why was it a betrayal? Jesus is betrayed into the hands of sinners because those three disciples in Gethsemane they represented the three archangels. And when those three archangels couldn't stand with Jesus then there was no protection. There was no foundation to support him. And therefore he had to re-create the foundation. Amen.
41. That's why all of this history comes full circle now, where True Parents arrive. Father in his biography testifies that Jesus gave him the words, over 10 years. But then Father had to live it, and prove it, and realize it. And True Parents walked this path of restoring everything that was lost in the last 6000 years. But it's important to know, Father never leaves anything behind. That's why the restoration course was done by True Parents -- and we are now in the settlement course. We are now in the New Age. But still, what about that restoration course? Well, if we understand these restoration principles we can understand how Father's working. Because nothing happens by chance. Father is not working by chance. Everything is either restoration or settlement. Those two principles are working at all times.
42. So, when Father proclaimed Communism would fall down. He didn't proclaim that just because he had a prayer. He set a condition to love the central figure of the evil kingdom of the communist empire. First he went to Mikhail Gorbachev. That was an impossible situation. To set up a meeting for Father with Mikhail Gorbachev who is the premier president of the Soviet Union. At that time, brothers and sisters and younger people, you can study in history it was an amazing time. The Soviet Union was gobbling up countries left and right. America was in turmoil. Nobody believed the Soviet Union was going to lose power and collapse. When Father proclaimed that years before, nobody believed that. But Father knew he was going to set the condition of loving the enemy and embracing the enemy. So in fact, through the proper conditions, Father was able to meet Pres. Gorbachev. And the most amazing thing, it was on Christmas day of all days, 1990, Gorbachev stands up and announces the dissolution of the Soviet empire. I thought he picked a nice day to do that, on Christmas Day. When we celebrate Jesus' birthday. 43. Because of love – you take the power away from the kingdoms, you know, of the evil world. And then Father went to meet Kim ill Sung. It was the same kind of thing. It was impossible. Much more dangerous. It was absolutely impossible. But Father went and embraced him. Father was courageous. At the moment when Father went there, the first thing he shared with the representatives, before they were to meet – "you have to tell your leader that he has to stop teaching this false teaching. Because God exists." Imagine, Father goes into North Korea, in that completely closed empire. And no country can effect anything going on inside there, nobody could protect True Parents. But True Parents were there. Father courageously cried out, "You have to teach God exists." So the representative said, "You're not going to meet the great leader. Forget it." And everybody who was with Father and Mother thought, "We may be executed. This may be our course. If we can't reconcile, if we can't win Kim Il Sung."
44. But, it's because of Father 's courage – when Kim Il Sung heard that, he said, "I'm going to meet this man, who would come into my house, when I have all power over his physical life, and he would tell me I'm wrong. That's courage!" Brothers and sisters when you speak the truth courageously, you may suffer, but God's kingdom will advance greatly. Speak the truth! Because Father showed that example time and again, time and again. The foundation of substance is a deep thing that Father practices. It's not something that's just a theory. Love God and love your neighbor.
45. So then Father sent the ministers over to Israel, after they had taken down the cross. The whole idea was that the ministers were the younger brother, Christianity is the younger brother. So we had to go to Israel and we had to embrace the rabbis, and all we had to do was to get them to sign the Jerusalem declaration, that they were sorry for not having loved Jesus. That doesn't sound like a big deal, does it?
46. But I know many of the brothers and sisters that worked on that – that was a big deal. For the rabbis that's a deep thing. Because also, out of the whole separation from Christianity, the younger brother and elder brother, so many breakdowns occurred. The Jews were persecuted throughout history. They fear the cross. They fear Christians. They fear they're going to be betrayed. So, asking them to come to a primarily Christian gathering and sign a document, the Jerusalem Declaration, was not simple. But Christians had made the condition of taking down the cross, proclaiming that Jesus wasn't supposed to die – but his victory was the resurrection. So on that basis, the Jews were interested. That's the reason they met us. 120 Christians and 120 Jewish folks, and they came. The only reason they met us is because the Christians took down the cross. That's Father 's wisdom. If we hadn't taken down the cross they wouldn't have met us. It's just another do good Christian group that wants to come and say they love everybody. But these were people that took down the cross from their churches. The rabbis were interested, they were curious, "What could this be? Wow!"
47. And so we went there. Bishop Stallings was the one who gave the testimony. He repented as a Christian, "we haven't loved our Jewish family properly over the last 2000 years. We allowed many sufferings to come to them because we didn't do our job as Christians to protect them enough." That moved rabbi Bardaus. He signed the Jerusalem declaration. And he asked for one thing. "I will sign if my brother Sheik Manasseh will sign." And we saw a right before our eyes, what Father told us, "When Jews and Christians come together the Moslems will come too." Then suddenly Sheik Manasseh from Nazareth just walked up and signed. That's foundation of substance. But it was done by True Parents. Wow! It was amazing!
48. So now we're marching to Foundation Day, January 13, 2013. Foundation Day – which is the lunar calendar, January 13. The solar calendar, I believe, (help me if I'm wrong) is February 22. (I looked it up about 10 times. I couldn't figure out these charts. But somebody help me). February 22, Foundation Day, that's the day Father calls D-Day. That's really the essential realization of the kingdom of God on earth.
49. And what does that mean? Let's look at that real quickly as we go to our conclusion. There is a 12 year period of Cheon Il Guk we're in. We're in the 12th year of preparing for the kingdom of God on earth. The first year of Cheon Il Guk what did Father do? He held the coronation for God. Father actually organized the coronation of God. Nobody in history had ever crowned God King of all kings. Isn't that amazing? It was a beautiful ceremony. And all of us came together from all races and religions, and Father and Mother crowned God as the King of all kings.
50. And then we went on – each year Cheon Il Guk, amazing things happened. May 5, 2004, Father proclaimed this is the day after the coming of heaven. May 5, 2004 is a turning point. Because, suddenly, somehow the unity of True Parents, the perfection of their love had come to a place where they could step into the kingdom of heaven and True Children could walk with them as True Family – and we're walking with them too – only by condition. But Father, from God's point of view, you will see that that day is when things really started turning in God's direction. Many times, we hear the proclamation that – "Oh, the kingdom of heaven is going to be revealed on May 5, 2004. We didn't see anything different. In fact, it seems like things got harder." But actually, from God's point of view, True Parents became more secure, more complete as the dwelling of God, as the Temple of God.
51. Then Father established Cheon Jeong Gung, the dwelling place of God. That was based on three generations of True Family, True Parents, True Children, and True Grandchildren and their Blessings. Because those three generational Blessings could occur in early 2006 when there was a world tour – then Father could open and dedicate on June 13, 2006, Cheon Jeong Gung, the heavenly palace. But the heavenly palace is not an average palace, believe me. It's not an average palace because Father said from that day on God permanently will dwell on earth forever. God will never leave the earth ever again.
52. Where does God well? He dwells in True Parents, permanently. You know, when God dwelled in Jesus he could live there all the time, full time. But when God dwelled in Isaiah or the prophets, He could come in, give an inspiring word, but then Isaiah would have a funny thought and God has to leave. Right? If you're Temple is not clean God cannot stay there. And so the only time God could actually permanently dwell on earth, before, was with Jesus.
53. We think about God – we think God can see everything. But actually only through the physical temple can He really experienced things. Let me ask you, would you rather go to Hawaii or see a video of Hawaii? Which is better? Right? You got a go there and feel the surf with your body. Your body is the instrument through which you really experience truth and love. Wow! Therefore, God couldn't even experience the waves of the ocean or the smell of a spring breeze before Jesus, because there was no one he could safely live in. And then Jesus had to go the way of the cross. Therefore God had to withdraw. He can only give revelation and inspiration to people who are really following God. But then True Parents came. And when True Parents completed the process to become the dwelling place, the living temple of God. Wow! That's unbelievable. That's why everything opens up, because God can now truly dwell permanently on the earth. God will dwell with us forever. That's the meaning of the Cheon Jeong Gung.
In Jin Moon – January 1, 2012
54. But the essential part is also – True Children are now coming up into that position of perfect inheritance, where they also must become the true and perfect temples of God. Amen? So that's why in August of 2008 Father appointed In Jin Nim as the chairman of the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity in America. That was something unexpected! We didn't understand what Father was doing.
55. And then – later in March, Father appointed her president and CEO of the Unification Church of America. And absolutely, from that moment on, In Jin Nim has walked that path. Think about that. It's almost 4 years since she was appointed chairman. Three years has gone by already successfully since she was appointed the President.
56. And what does it mean to stand in those kind of providential roles? Believe me, everything possible comes at the central figure to try to move them in a situation where they can't fulfill. But I've said, and I saw, how Father is trusting In Jin Nim more and more and more. And Father is absolutely standing behind True Children. Because where else are True Parents going to go? They have to extend through True Children. Amen? Because that's the true lineage. That's the lineage that directly receives True Parents seed and element. And then we are grafted in. But the second generation, is not grafted in, you're born into it. That's why, for you to relate with True Children is a very different kind of relationship.
57. That's why on January 15, 2009 Father re-ordered. Heaven. Because he also did another coronation of God. And he anointed Hyung Jin Nim as the inheritor of Father's role. Amen! January 13 in Korea, January 31 in Seoul and then in America, on the same day. Two times on the same day. And so then Hyung Jin Nim took on this incredible position with his wife Yeon Ah Nim to really truly grow into being the Temple of God. And each one of True Children are walking that path.
58. Who are True Children? Well, Jin Sung Nim taught us a lot that helps. Who are True Children? I don't understand many things. I can share that honestly. But I can say this – do you think it would be easy to relate with Jesus. Nobody understood Jesus. His family didn't understand him. It's very difficult to understand heaven's representative.
59. True Children are born in a status even greater than Jesus' position and substance. Because they're inheritors of True Parents victory and also they come from the True Family. They're already standing on the foundation of True Parents absolute victory on every level. And so, with that, True Children are actually, if you really understand, you should relate to them and understand that their position and their spirit and their real essence is greater than that, that Jesus had when he walked the earth. So then, we shouldn't relate casually. We shouldn't, you know, "I know, Jesus, what you should be doing. Why are you doing this, Jesus? Don't talk that way in your sermon on the Mount." That's why, when True Children are expanding this foundation, Father is going into settlement. That's why this is absolutely the kingdom of God on earth.
60. And I want to share with you from my heart. I would give my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor to support In Jin Nim – all the way to Cheon Il Guk. I'll give my life, my fortune, and sacred honor to support Kook Jin Nim, to support Hyung Jin Nim. They need us – to be, in our hearts, ready to sacrifice everything. Why? Because this is the path of the principle. This is the proper order. This is what Father is expecting of us. To really stand as the true family together, united as one. Stand as one blessed family movement – to march into Cheon Il Guk. Are you ready? Because I absolutely see the kingdom coming, without question.
61. So, Father has asked us to make the foundation of faith. How do we make the foundation of faith? We're supposed to take the word. We're actually doing the foundation of faith in creation – now we're supposed to take in the word daily through Hoon Dok Hae. We have to read Father 's words. With the study of Father 's words – receive the words of True Children. Receive God's words, strengthen our spirit by taking the word of God and you, strengthening your spirit, you change.
62. Ephesians 5:26, it says, when you're taking in God's word it washes you. We are cleansed, Ephesians says, by the washing of the water of God's word. We are washed by God's word. Wow! So taking in the word daily – Father just does Hoon Dok Hae so much, it's unbelievable. The word is so precious, so precious. That's why Father gave us Original Substance of the Divine Principle.
63. Because on D-Day, what's going to happen? True Parents are going to have the marriage supper of the Lamb. True Parents are going to have the marriage of God. Why? Because the masculine and feminine absolute embodiment of God has been fulfilled. And now when True Parents come together in marriage, it's going to be an actual sanctification of God's own marriage. Because, when True Parents could come together in true love. This is the first time in history God can share love between his own masculine and feminine portions.
64. Absolute sexual morality is the meaning of coming together in true love. How do we come together? With love for one another. We have to come together, not with one pulling too much on one side. The man cannot be demanding all the time, that I want love. And the woman has to, the bride has to really be sensitive to the man. But how do we come together in the middle? That's why, the only way to do that, is when we are worried more about how our spouse feels than how we feel. And Father is telling us, through that course we become perfected. Actual sexual love is the most beautiful completion of the unity and the actual manifestation of God, because when we come together as one, perfectly in the center, as True Parents do – guess what happens? God comes and dwells with us in the most precious moment. God's presence is more strong when there is the union between his masculine and feminine than any other time. Amen?!
65. Well, we're working on it. We're working on it. That's why, sometimes it's not easy. Because men are seed sowers. Men are ready most of the time. Father said, not too long ago, that because it's an urgent situation we should only make love 13 times a day. Wow! Wow! Because it's urgent we'll cut back. But that's how God feels. We should be making love all the time. Amen! I like that idea.
66. But actually, we take things so literally. I'm sure there are a lot of men that showed up after that speech, "hey, Father said…" It doesn't work that way. You can't use the law to win your spouse. Right? You have to use love. Love is greater than the principle. So husbands love your wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her. That's Ephesians 5. The secret to winning your wife, you have to love her more than yourself. You have to love her. Give yourself for her. So husbands, sometimes it's not easy. Because you're excited, you're ready. Something happens when you jump in bed. I don't know what happens, I could be so tired I can hardly make it to the bed. I crawl in bed and suddenly boom, my eyes open – ready for the principle of creation.
67. Many husbands know that experience. But our wives worked all day. Cooked all the meals, cleaned up, did everything. And then two words come back sometimes – "I'm tired." Husbands, love your wives. You have to really be sensitive. That's absolute sexual morality. You come to the place where you're not pulling on one another just your own way. That's the kingdom of God.
68. On D-Day -- what's happening, wow. D-Day is that the kingdom of God is coming. The realization of the kingdom of God is coming on the earth. That's the marriage supper of the Lamb. That's why we are all going to be re-Blessed on January 13, 2013. We're all going to really prepare ourselves now through the OSDP and through the principle, through In Jin Nim's sermons, through the word of God – we're going to prepare ourselves to become perfect temples of God. Aren't we? That's why, the kingdom of heaven doesn't come with signs to be observed. It's not external, its internal. The kingdom of heaven is when we really are the dwelling place of God. Just think if all of a sudden you had God in you 24 /7. Every word you spoke was God's word. Every thought you had was God's thought. How beautiful that would be. Right? Amen!
69. That's why Father has asked us to make the foundation of substance. How are we supposed to make the foundation of substance as we are settling in the kingdom? How do we make the foundation of substance? Our international President has asked us to bring 12 spiritual children to Lovin' Life. Right? Each family is supposed to bring 12. Why 12? Not to just multiply numbers. It's so we grow. That's why Jesus had to have 12. He had to have 12, because you grow when you can bring 12 – you can love all the different representations of humanity. So everybody should have 12 they can bring closer to God. All right? Young people as your training – you can do that too. Bring friends and brothers and sisters in. When you bring them in and become connected with God, you grow by loving them.
70. Also the clergy were asked to do the same thing. Father gave a speech after the 172 went to Korea. Wow, so beautiful. Father said, "You have to become Jesus." And the next thing he said, "You have to have 12 come to the OSDP." Father wasn't just looking for external numbers. Father wanted them to really become Jesus. He said, if Pres. Obama became Jesus, America would turn in three months – you would see incredible spiritual phenomena change for the good fortune of America. Then within three years America's economic and war problems would all be solved. That's why – become Jesus, means not to become Jesus who died on the cross, it means to become one with God, one with True Parents.
71. That's why Father said that ministers have to bring 12. And they've been struggling to bring 12. It's not easy. Mrs. Rev. Tania Edwards and Bishop Edwards are bringing all their relatives. It's so amazing, the other day, they brought their mother, the members of the church, they've been bringing all these different people. Bishop Stallings has been bringing members of his church. The ministers are all out there bringing members. But I saw what happened when Bishop Sykes got Father's words. He was scared to bring people to the OSDP. But he suddenly said, "Father said to do it." And so he decided to risk it. He was afraid to bring his members to the OSDP because, "they might get negative, they might be scared. There's too much truth here. I don't think I want to bring them." But he came and he brought his people and they had a great experience. And then they multiplied to 28. 28. Now that church is really a Lovin Life unification movement church. It's a family Church of God, because everybody is blessed and they are really coming along. Amen! It's exciting!
72. When Rev. Tania Edwards tried to bring her relatives, and she has all these Christian ancestors who are very famous – wow! She's bringing them in and some are coming in, and then her brother came to the OSDP and he was really kicking and biting. He's a pastor. And Mrs. Edwards came to me the other day and said, "I was just like my brother." And she laughed.
73. So it takes time. It takes time and love to bring your 12. As we bring them forward though, another thing came out from the OSDP – as we are getting the clergy to come and getting our brothers and sisters to come – Father gave us a goal of 13,000. 13,000! Oh my Lord. 12,000 was the original – that's 12 disciples, right? But then he added one for Jesus – 13,000. 6000 have been completed now.
74. But the amazing thing that happened when these clergy started coming forward, we could not do it just with the clergy. It has to be done with our brothers and sisters together. Because, when the clergy come to the conference and they see our elder Unificationists who are so experienced in the Principle and so wise and understanding the new wine of the truth – then they can talk to our elders and they can get guidance and they become very stable. But what inspired them the most at the OSDP was seeing our young people. The young people, they are going to the sessions with them. I realized, wow this is amazing.
75. The first generation, we need leaven; we need the yeast for the bread. The yeast for us is the second generation. They are like the yeast. Wow! When the young people are coming then our bread has the power to expand. I think the first generation is like bread without yeast. Without the young people we can't expand. But with the young people we can expand.
76. But what I also saw, is that our unification family, first and second generation are like yeast for the ministers, the yeast for Christianity. Christianity can't grow, it can't even expand into the kingdom now. They know it too. They can feel it. So they look at the testimonies of our second gen.
77. (Rev Jenkins read a 2nd Gen testimony) "This is the experience: the ACLC and OSDP changed me a lot more than the experiences I've had in any other workshop. And seeing the ministers, had a bigger impact on me than I can imagine. More specifically, the importance of Jesus foundation sunk into me for the first time. Why Father is so strong about reaching Christianity. As a second generation of the Unification Church I never thought Christianity was that valuable, because it seemed that they were rejecting True Parents. That's why I believed Jesus wasn't really that important to me. But now, seeing these ministers accepting True Parents and understanding the Bible more deeply through the Principle, I understand better than ever that Jesus and his love set the foundation for True Parents. And True Father stood on the foundation and expanded it to the salvation of all religion and all humanity." Isn't that beautiful? One of our second-generation sisters.
78. Another brother wrote – "at this OSDP workshop I gained a deeper understanding of the Divine Principle in the Bible. As a second gen. I grew up with not so much emphasis on the Bible, but only on the Principle. After this workshop I really feel how important the Bible is and how much I need to study the Bible to understand the Principle. And what a miracle it was that Father discovered it." Amen! Wow!
79. So, when we got together in these OSDP sessions, what happens is, the three of us together – the young people, elders, and the clergy – when the three are together as one it's like the yeast is working, the bread is expanding. I just came from LA. I couldn't believe, there were 100 ministers there. It's starting to break loose. Then this movement is going to break loose. I can see it coming. But we have to just keep following faithfully. Keep uniting with In Jin Nim faithfully. Keep going forward faithfully. Amen!
80. I'm so blessed to be here with you. My final word is – In Jin Nim, is really a great, great True Child. And I believe in her with all my heart. Now, it's not easy making the foundation of substance. It's not easy. She has Mother's spirit so strongly. Because I traveled a lot with Mother. When Mother was upset with me, Mother would not say much. She would just give me a glare. And suddenly the fear of God would come. Mother is very kind and amazingly loving. Father is very strong. True Parents are all with love, but still, one glare from Mother. Many times, I would rather get scolded by Father than that glare from Mother. Oooh.
81. But In Jin Nim has both Father and Mother. She's not giving us the easy way. We don't want to go the easy way, do we? We want to go the way that we can inherit all the tradition that God has established for the last 6000 years to today, on the victorious foundation of True Parents. As they go forward I see more and more our movement is expanding. The quality of our movement is developing. Our broadcasts of Lovin Life is such high quality. Now the day is coming when we can just open the gates and bring the people in. Bring the brothers and sisters in. Our publications now and our educational materials are the top, they are the best out there, of any organization. And our quality of life is now going to rise, rise, and rise. Why? Because we have True Parents and true love. And because we are uniting together as one.
82. So I can see clearly now, the kingdom is coming, and we're going to march together. That's why I want to say this once again – I give my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor to unite as one with True Children. And I pray that we can march together as one to Cheon Il Guk. On January 13, 2013 True Parents and God are going to be married. It's going to be the dwelling of God and expansion of God through all families that are united as one.
83. And then, we will see, also, Father predicts that the era, like the Communist empire falling down, all the dark side of the world is going to start falling apart. It already is. Nobody can do anything without the lights being turned on and they'll be exposed if they are corrupt. Nobody can hide their sin anymore, because the corrupt world is falling apart. Think about the darkness flipping over and falling apart. All the things of this world that are lifting up the wrong image of the family and those kinds of things, they won't have power. They are not going to have power anymore. And that's why it's all going to fall down in terms of the dark side – and the side of God's love and true life, true love, true lineage is going to rise.
84. God bless you all! Thank you!
1: And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying,
2: "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a marriage feast for his son,
3: and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the marriage feast; but they would not come.
4: Again he sent other servants, saying, `Tell those who are invited, Behold, I have made ready my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves are killed, and everything is ready; come to the marriage feast.'
5: But they made light of it and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,
6: while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.
7: The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8: Then he said to his servants, `The wedding is ready, but those invited were not worthy.
9: Go therefore to the thoroughfares, and invite to the marriage feast as many as you find.'
10: And those servants went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good; so the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11: "But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment;
12: and he said to him, `Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13: Then the king said to the attendants, `Bind him hand and foot, and cast him into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.'
14: For many are called, but few are chosen."
15: Then the Pharisees went and took counsel how to entangle him in his talk.
16: And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Hero'di-ans, saying, "Teacher, we know that you are true, and teach the way of God truthfully, and care for no man; for you do not regard the position of men.
17: Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?"
18: But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, "Why put me to the test, you hypocrites?
19: Show me the money for the tax." And they brought him a coin.
20: And Jesus said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?"
21: They said, "Caesar's." Then he said to them, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
22: When they heard it, they marveled; and they left him and went away.
23: The same day Sad'ducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection; and they asked him a question,
24: saying, "Teacher, Moses said, `If a man dies, having no children, his brother must marry the widow, and raise up children for his brother.'
25: Now there were seven brothers among us; the first married, and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother.
26: So too the second and third, down to the seventh.
27: After them all, the woman died.
28: In the resurrection, therefore, to which of the seven will she be wife? For they all had her."
29: But Jesus answered them, "You are wrong, because you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God.
30: For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
31: And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God,
32: `I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead, but of the living."
33: And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.
34: But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sad'ducees, they came together.
35: And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, to test him.
36: "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37: And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
38: This is the great and first commandment.
39: And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
40: On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."
41: Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question,
42: saying, "What do you think of the Christ? Whose son is he?" They said to him, "The son of David."
43: He said to them, "How is it then that David, inspired by the Spirit, calls him Lord, saying,
44: `The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
till I put thy enemies under thy feet'?
45: If David thus calls him Lord, how is he his son?"
46: And no one was able to answer him a word, nor from that day did any one dare to ask him any more questions.
1: Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
2: And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3: But fornication and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints.
4: Let there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity, which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving.
5: Be sure of this, that no fornicator or impure man, or one who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6: Let no one deceive you with empty words, for it is because of these things that the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7: Therefore do not associate with them,
8: for once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light
9: (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),
10: and try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.
11: Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
12: For it is a shame even to speak of the things that they do in secret;
13: but when anything is exposed by the light it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light.
14: Therefore it is said, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead,
and Christ shall give you light."
15: Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
16: making the most of the time, because the days are evil.
17: Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18: And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit,
19: addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart,
20: always and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
21: Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22: Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.
23: For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
24: As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.
25: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
26: that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
27: that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
28: Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
29: For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,
30: because we are members of his body.
31: "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
32: This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;
33: however, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.