The Words of the Lapres Family
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Several years ago, President David S.C. Kim of the Unification Theological Seminary at Barrytown initiated an annual Home Church Theme Song Contest centered on the ideal of the home church ministry. This year, of course, our motto is "Creating and Building the Kingdom of Heaven' Home church is an important part of the Kingdom itself, not just part of the restoration process. The idea behind the song contest is to help keep the home church vision alive in our hearts and to give us songs to stir our deep memories in the future, as the Holy Songs of the early members in Korea and Japan have done for us. President Kim would like to hold an annual contest over several years and collate the songs of all the yearly winners into a home church song book. This is the fourth annual contest.
The requirements for the contest are as follows:
1. Include the home church theme and the actual words "home church" in the lyrics of your song.
2. The melody should be "singable" by a congregation (not just by a soloist). Remember that our congregations are very international. Beauty, lyricism, and simplicity are good guidelines.
3. Send a tape recording of the song and a copy of the lyrics.
4. Optional but preferable: Send the printed musical score in addition to the tape and lyrics.
5. Deadline: May 31, 1986.
6. Include your current address.
7. Send to: UTS Home Church Song Contest 10 Dock Road Barrytown, N.Y. 12507
A $50.00 prize goes to this year's winner.
This contest is being held worldwide. Last year's winner was a father and his two sons from Norway. Maybe this year it will be you! We are looking forward to hearing your songs.
In Our True Parents Names,
The UTS Home Church Theme
Song Contest Committee
Myrna Lapres, Coordinator